This is already the fourth installment. The first was found here, here second and third here .
Lucia we met with was a good time. Now that was already great, spent more time with other people. But we talked occasionally by phone, at least at birthdays and New Year.
So it was odd that I called Lucy. Not unusual, but rarely do.
We did not see at home. I was waiting in the park. She sat in one of the swings alone. There was a group of children playing nearby in a sandbox. All with protective goggles and gloves that had hands.
I sat in the other swing, she looked serious, with those blue eyes with specks golden.
"I'm pregnant."
All the girls in the valley between 11 and 12 years of age, before their first menstruation, the electromechanical device installed them between the legs that could only be opened when they signed a contract for maternity for artificial insemination. The boys had to make do with what I had from the waist up. So most ended up frequenting the North Valley neighborhood, where houses were women out that they had charged for the waist down.
"It's not the company." She said after a while. A cold
I walked back strong from top to bottom. "But ... How? Finally managed to say. These things just could not pass.
"The guy worked in the archives of the Company. You do not realize about. "
" worked? I asked.
"He promised he would take me too far. And I believed him. I was a fool! Since I learned not answer the phone. Insurance left the valley. "
swing She rose and took a couple of steps forward. Went on, without looking. "He was the one who got the keys to open the belt. I convenció de que no tendríamos ningún problema si usábamos preservativos. Los traen de contrabando desde China, escondidos dentro de muñecas de porcelana. ¡No puedo creer que haya sido tan imbécil! ¡Ahora sí que la cagué! Ya nunca... nunca...” Su voz se quebró. Metió la cara entre sus manos. “¡Ya nunca voy a poder ser mamá! ¡Nunca!”
Corrí hacia ella. Era más alta que yo pero en ese momento parecía tan pequeñita, tan frágil, temblaba como un animalito asustado. La abracé. Olía a lavanda y a sábanas limpias.
“Ya, ya,” le dije, “vas a ver que todo va salir bien.”
"No!" I refused. I pushed hard. "Nothing will be alright! I'm expecting a rejection. The Company ... they never going to give me a contract. Never!
"But ... something must be able to do. "
I looked again, his blue eyes bloodshot from crying. "I can not let them know." He said. "If I can not hide I will make life impossible."
The only alternative was an abortion. But going to the health center or a clinic of the Company was impossible. Lucia would be booked immediately. Not to mention the fines for his family. Would have to do in an office underground. But that would cost, a lot.
"I'm going to the cathedral." He said. His voice was firm again. "I have already decided."
The next week my mom wanted to visit the grandmother who knew the baby and asked me to accompany her. The grandmother lived in a retirement home, in your own room, she was one of the few people his age who could afford it. They had a large garden with flowers of truth, and the facade was painted all white, including doors and window frames.
When we arrived, the grandmother sat with other ladies on the porch. When he saw us got up and did their version of a smile. "Dolita daughter. How long! "Sometimes not understand him. Found it difficult to pronounce on all the words to or pe eme.
We did go to his room. He had a light bulb in the bedside table covered with a cloth, so that everything was in a red shadow. Also had its altar of the Virgin of Donora. The entire wall behind the altar was filled with photographs, were all his children and grandchildren. Were above those already dead, like my brother Braulio, below which were still children, the other half were organized in a hierarchy that only she understood. No candles, but it was an electrical installation of yellow lights.
"What more thing pretty," said Grandma getting the baby "is taking all the cum, right? Is chubby, chubby! "
I never met him face to Grandma. I correct: I never saw her grandmother with her own face. The surgery was long before I was born and she never took off the mask in the presence of others, even from those closest. Never.
In his youth he was a very beautiful woman. The prettiest of the whole valley. That said, those who knew her then. I had several frames on the bed, all with old photos of her, when she faces. One of them had a screen continuously passing the film he had left her grandmother's face. It was a Hollywood movie.
" How can refuse a boy so beautiful like this?" The grandmother was nibbling one by one all the fingers of Benjamin. It looked strange, as the mask of the grandmother was not what is said lips. Still, she always painted them red lipstick, also put a blush on the cheeks and eye shadow. "It the nose of the grandma ! Look , Dolita, look. "
The producer paid very well by the side of the grandmother and the contract included a percentage of the box office. It was one of the successes of the decade and the actress won many awards. So Grandma was able to pay his room.
But that was the only movie that did that actress with the face of the grandmother. The following year he returned to work. That's show business.
"Dolita, I know you have fear, my dear." He began to tell his grandmother to mother. "I'm not the one to tell, but I've met a lot people. and going to see is not so difficult when you start to donate organs. "
" donate organs? "I asked aghast. "My mom? How so? But if my brothers and I always meet the quota wise every year! Do not have to mess with mom. "
" Does the child have not told you? "Asked the grandmother.
"Do not you have told me what?" I asked again.
My mother was the respondent. "Son, do not we told not to worry." I looked at the face when he prayed the rosary. "When we have rejected moms can not have children again."
"It's up to the people who manage the numbers, beyond the Company ." Said the grandmother. "They say that having spent the first time, the probability is very high that go back to . For that does not give them more contracts. "
" I know that, but how and what to donate? "I despaired that look at me like that.
"When moms have no more children, by next year we must begin to participate in the fee, like everyone else."
I could not believe it. "No! It is not! The children are the ones who donate, not moms. For that we are the children! "
" Let not the case. That is the order of things. "Mom hugged me. Grandma still had charged the child.
"And then the grandmother what? She never ... "
" Grandma's case is different. With the film she could buy back his contract. That takes a lot, but a lot of money. Just enough to pay it. "
Benjamin began to babble. With pleasure we would have a chunk, my mom would have to go through all that and it was his fault.
"Come not put well." He tried his grandmother.
I did not want to see me the rage in the face, so I gave them back.
I watched the altar of Our Lady. The virgin
grandmother's face was missing.
Night after night you had the same dream. Were alone in a strange village and somehow knew that the place was outside the valley, beyond the wall and barbed wire fences. They looked at you with eyes bulging and bloodshot. The red eyes were the only color in a black and white nightmare. There were housewives, policemen, gentlemen in ties, nuns. All chasing you, slowly but surely. There was even a teacher with several small children. All zombies were chasing you and tear you apart and distributed to your organs.
( continue )
- ∞ -
Lucia we met with was a good time. Now that was already great, spent more time with other people. But we talked occasionally by phone, at least at birthdays and New Year.
So it was odd that I called Lucy. Not unusual, but rarely do.
We did not see at home. I was waiting in the park. She sat in one of the swings alone. There was a group of children playing nearby in a sandbox. All with protective goggles and gloves that had hands.
I sat in the other swing, she looked serious, with those blue eyes with specks golden.
"I'm pregnant."
All the girls in the valley between 11 and 12 years of age, before their first menstruation, the electromechanical device installed them between the legs that could only be opened when they signed a contract for maternity for artificial insemination. The boys had to make do with what I had from the waist up. So most ended up frequenting the North Valley neighborhood, where houses were women out that they had charged for the waist down.
"It's not the company." She said after a while. A cold
I walked back strong from top to bottom. "But ... How? Finally managed to say. These things just could not pass.
"The guy worked in the archives of the Company. You do not realize about. "
" worked? I asked.
"He promised he would take me too far. And I believed him. I was a fool! Since I learned not answer the phone. Insurance left the valley. "
swing She rose and took a couple of steps forward. Went on, without looking. "He was the one who got the keys to open the belt. I convenció de que no tendríamos ningún problema si usábamos preservativos. Los traen de contrabando desde China, escondidos dentro de muñecas de porcelana. ¡No puedo creer que haya sido tan imbécil! ¡Ahora sí que la cagué! Ya nunca... nunca...” Su voz se quebró. Metió la cara entre sus manos. “¡Ya nunca voy a poder ser mamá! ¡Nunca!”
Corrí hacia ella. Era más alta que yo pero en ese momento parecía tan pequeñita, tan frágil, temblaba como un animalito asustado. La abracé. Olía a lavanda y a sábanas limpias.
“Ya, ya,” le dije, “vas a ver que todo va salir bien.”
"No!" I refused. I pushed hard. "Nothing will be alright! I'm expecting a rejection. The Company ... they never going to give me a contract. Never!
"But ... something must be able to do. "
I looked again, his blue eyes bloodshot from crying. "I can not let them know." He said. "If I can not hide I will make life impossible."
The only alternative was an abortion. But going to the health center or a clinic of the Company was impossible. Lucia would be booked immediately. Not to mention the fines for his family. Would have to do in an office underground. But that would cost, a lot.
"I'm going to the cathedral." He said. His voice was firm again. "I have already decided."
- ∞ -
The next week my mom wanted to visit the grandmother who knew the baby and asked me to accompany her. The grandmother lived in a retirement home, in your own room, she was one of the few people his age who could afford it. They had a large garden with flowers of truth, and the facade was painted all white, including doors and window frames.
When we arrived, the grandmother sat with other ladies on the porch. When he saw us got up and did their version of a smile. "Dolita daughter. How long! "Sometimes not understand him. Found it difficult to pronounce on all the words to or pe eme.
We did go to his room. He had a light bulb in the bedside table covered with a cloth, so that everything was in a red shadow. Also had its altar of the Virgin of Donora. The entire wall behind the altar was filled with photographs, were all his children and grandchildren. Were above those already dead, like my brother Braulio, below which were still children, the other half were organized in a hierarchy that only she understood. No candles, but it was an electrical installation of yellow lights.
"What more thing pretty," said Grandma getting the baby "is taking all the cum, right? Is chubby, chubby! "
I never met him face to Grandma. I correct: I never saw her grandmother with her own face. The surgery was long before I was born and she never took off the mask in the presence of others, even from those closest. Never.
In his youth he was a very beautiful woman. The prettiest of the whole valley. That said, those who knew her then. I had several frames on the bed, all with old photos of her, when she faces. One of them had a screen continuously passing the film he had left her grandmother's face. It was a Hollywood movie.
" How can refuse a boy so beautiful like this?" The grandmother was nibbling one by one all the fingers of Benjamin. It looked strange, as the mask of the grandmother was not what is said lips. Still, she always painted them red lipstick, also put a blush on the cheeks and eye shadow. "It the nose of the grandma ! Look , Dolita, look. "
The producer paid very well by the side of the grandmother and the contract included a percentage of the box office. It was one of the successes of the decade and the actress won many awards. So Grandma was able to pay his room.
But that was the only movie that did that actress with the face of the grandmother. The following year he returned to work. That's show business.
"Dolita, I know you have fear, my dear." He began to tell his grandmother to mother. "I'm not the one to tell, but I've met a lot people. and going to see is not so difficult when you start to donate organs. "
" donate organs? "I asked aghast. "My mom? How so? But if my brothers and I always meet the quota wise every year! Do not have to mess with mom. "
" Does the child have not told you? "Asked the grandmother.
"Do not you have told me what?" I asked again.
My mother was the respondent. "Son, do not we told not to worry." I looked at the face when he prayed the rosary. "When we have rejected moms can not have children again."
"It's up to the people who manage the numbers, beyond the Company ." Said the grandmother. "They say that having spent the first time, the probability is very high that go back to . For that does not give them more contracts. "
" I know that, but how and what to donate? "I despaired that look at me like that.
"When moms have no more children, by next year we must begin to participate in the fee, like everyone else."
I could not believe it. "No! It is not! The children are the ones who donate, not moms. For that we are the children! "
" Let not the case. That is the order of things. "Mom hugged me. Grandma still had charged the child.
"And then the grandmother what? She never ... "
" Grandma's case is different. With the film she could buy back his contract. That takes a lot, but a lot of money. Just enough to pay it. "
Benjamin began to babble. With pleasure we would have a chunk, my mom would have to go through all that and it was his fault.
"Come not put well." He tried his grandmother.
I did not want to see me the rage in the face, so I gave them back.
I watched the altar of Our Lady. The virgin
grandmother's face was missing.
- ∞ -
Night after night you had the same dream. Were alone in a strange village and somehow knew that the place was outside the valley, beyond the wall and barbed wire fences. They looked at you with eyes bulging and bloodshot. The red eyes were the only color in a black and white nightmare. There were housewives, policemen, gentlemen in ties, nuns. All chasing you, slowly but surely. There was even a teacher with several small children. All zombies were chasing you and tear you apart and distributed to your organs.
- ∞ -
( continue )
0 comments:
Post a Comment