Sunday, September 26, 2010

Blank Driving Lisence

Our Lady of Donore (6)

This is the sixth and final installment. The first one can be found here the second here, here third, fourth here And the fifth here.

- ∞ -

Some time later I found out where they had gone to Lucia's eyes. I discovered one day in the society pages of a magazine, the same deep blue color, the same gold spots.

A young and successful executive who lived in Sydney, Australia, made a fortune trading futures and options on hematocrit and lymphatic tissues. Managing his own stock brokerage company with offices in New York, Tokyo, Frankfurt and Sao Paulo.

She had an important meeting with his board of investors to submit their five-year strategic plan. All had to be perfect. For the occasion was commissioned to design exclusive couture house Balenciaga.

Eye color Lucia was the perfect complement to this dress.

- ∞ -

found the magazine in the waiting room of a house of women in the northern suburbs. I had become a regular customer, but I did not visit the most expensive, of course not: these were exclusively for tourists. Only women working there who had already made many donations, perhaps too many. Leftover transplants without legs or no arms, no legs or no arms: that was so desired by certain types of tourists. Obviously not already had their belts.

In the house that I was only working women outside the valley. No donor had blood in their veins, except for any possible transfusion. With the issue of chastity belts these women were doing very well. Customers were secured between the donor adolescents.

worked in the house a girl, I never knew her name. I said Lu. She preferred Lulu.

I think it was more or less my age, but looked much older. He kept drinking vodka smuggling and hardly slept. So the dark circles. He had a sweet breath, as orange juice fermented and if not smoke was because in the valley could not get cigarettes, even cloaked inside porcelain dolls.

She got blue contact lenses for me. He even made gold dots with a marker.

- ∞ -

Lu was suggested I leave the valley. It was crazy, but I did not hesitate a second. I had nothing to lose. We went on a trip, far from the city, far from the mountains to the imprisoned.

The truth, I do not regret anything. I could do both things I always wanted.

I hit the sand on the beach and get wet feet with salt water.

I went to a football match in a stadium to bursting.

That was before Lu sell me a gang of organ traffickers.

- ∞ -

worse than locusts is spent those fish that eat the Japanese. To these are eaten alive. You saw in the news: A big plate of sushi in the middle of the table and the fish is decorated with salad and positioned so that seems to pose for a photograph. It has several sections, so that remains easy to grab Japanese snacks with chopsticks. It has also sauce, soy sauce, salt in all these cuts. The fish is alive and still trying to breathe. Move your mouth and gills. She is choking, no doubt, and meanwhile a Japanese family devours it.

- ∞ -

Here I am, lying on the counter of a store of organs lost in Chinatown who knows what city, under the flashing of a neon sign. And took my other kidney and my right leg. I have a clear plastic plate at the place where it should be my abdomen, so my remaining bodies are exposed. I do not feel pain, I have the spinal cord sectioned at the precise point, or perhaps deeper, into the brain, because all I can move are his eyes.

"Mom, Mom, look at this." A boy has his face pressed to the case and look at me curiously. "What are these people lying here?"

"There are people, honey." I corrected her mother. "They Donora. Look at the red sign on the neck, that's the brand. "

" Wow! I've never seen! They look like real people. "

" They're like us, so we can use their organs. "She looks into my eyes.

"to have red blood! So are we. "The boy said my dialysis tubes.

In fact, my blood is bright red in the light fluorescent.

"Let's go, Dad is waiting for us." She says.

Mother and child holding hands away.

I close my eyes.

wish I could get some sleep. FIN



Juan Diego Gómez, 2010

0 comments:

Post a Comment